Cheesy Broccoli-Cauliflower Soup
Serving size: 2-3
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove
- ½ tsp. Dijon mustard
- ⅛ tsp. Smoked paprika
- 12 oz. bag of frozen mixed broccoli and cauliflower
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- ½ cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- Salt & Pepper
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic, mustard, and smoked paprika. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the onion has softened.
- Add the chicken broth and the bag of frozen broccoli and cauliflower to the pot. Bring to a simmer, then cover and turn the heat down to low. Simmer for 15-20 minutes, until the broccoli and cauliflower are very soft.
- Pour the soup mixture into a blender and add the cheeses and ½ tsp. Salt. Blend to the consistency of your liking. You can add a little water to thin the soup out, if needed. Add additional salt and pepper to taste and serve.
Special note from the recipe creator, Morgan Swingen:
“This recipe is easy and delicious. It also contains many vitamins, nutrients, and fiber from the broccoli and cauliflower, and doesn’t contain any cream or half-and-half like other recipes. This recipe is easy to make, easy to eat, and is a crowd-pleaser.”
- Imagine a Life Where You Can’t Eat or Drink
- COVID-19 is on Track to Increase Incidence of Head and Neck Cancer
- Parul Dua Makkar, DDS shares her brother’s story, a young dentist who passed away from oral cancer
- Scientific Peer Review of Congressionally Directed Medical Research Programs’ Peer-Reviewed Cancer Research Program for The Department of Defense
- More Stars Join Stand Up to Cancer Roadblock Fundraising Telecast and Streaming Event