Serving size: 6
- ½ lb lobster or meat, minced*
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 tbsp minced shallot
- 2 tbsp chopped green onion
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- ¼ c white wine
- 2 tsp worcestershire sauce
- Dash of Tabasco
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 6 tbsp dry sherry
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 c hot water
- 1 tsp lobster base (better than bullion)*
- 4 oz tomato paste
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 c heavy whipping cream
- 4 tbsp butter
- Heat the oil over medium high heat and sauté the shallots, green onion and garlic for 1 minute.
- Deglaze the pan with the white wine.
- Add the Worcestershire, tabasco and thyme and sauté for 1 minute.
- Deglaze the pan with the sherry.
- Add the paprika, hot water and lobster base and combine well.
- Stir in the tomato paste and add the bay leaves.
- Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Whisk in the heavy cream and butter and bring to a boil.
- Add the lobster and simmer until cooked through.
*Crab is easily substituted here, as well as a hearty seafood stock, if lobster base is unavailable. If using stock, omit the cup of hot water.
Excerpted from Healing & Easy Eats: Recipes for Head and Neck Cancer Patients and Survivors (Second Edition), the official cookbook of the Head and Neck Cancer Alliance. Copyright © 2018.
- Imagine a Life Where You Can’t Eat or Drink
- COVID-19 is on Track to Increase Incidence of Head and Neck Cancer
- Parul Dua Makkar, DDS shares her brother’s story, a young dentist who passed away from oral cancer
- Scientific Peer Review of Congressionally Directed Medical Research Programs’ Peer-Reviewed Cancer Research Program for The Department of Defense
- More Stars Join Stand Up to Cancer Roadblock Fundraising Telecast and Streaming Event