HNCA is proud to support head and neck cancer patients with financial assistance to get to and from their cancer treatments. In 2019, HNCA provided nearly 900 patients with gas gift cards totaling $45,000, the largest amount ever.
This program is currently closed for the remainder of 2020 and will re-open for applications in early 2021.
Please do not submit patient applications as we are not able to maintain a wait list.
To be eligible for this program, patients must:
- Have a recent diagnosis of head and neck cancer (Cancers of the brain, eye, esophagus, thyroid, and early cancers of the skin of face and scalp do not qualify for this program.)
- Be participating in a current/active treatment regimen (e.g., chemotherapy, radiation therapy, surgery, immunotherapy, etc.)
- Live in the United States
- Have their applications submitted by a member of their care team (nurse, patient navigator, medical social worker, etc.). Applications submitted directly by the patient, patient's family/friends, or other non-medical caregivers are not accepted.
Please know that the HNCA Gas Card Program, offered to head and neck cancer patients who are currently in treatment, provides a one-time-only $50 gas card grant to assist patients with transportation costs. Be sure to periodically check back for status updates.
For patients and survivors, we encourage you to join our online support community as well as spend time on our website. We offer a host of educational materials to help you through your cancer journey and beyond.
- HNCA Ambassador and Oral Cancer Survivor, Jacki Rogozinski, Shares Her Experience with Lymphedema
- HNCA Ambassador and 12-Year Cancer Survivor, Mike Metzler, is Fundraising for the HNCA Through His Book Royalties
- HNCA Ambassadors Participate in Congressionally Directed Medical Research Programs’ Peer Reviewed Cancer Research Program for the Department of Defense
- Emergency Respiratory Care and Resuscitation in Laryngectomees
- Ask the Expert with Dr. Angela Wicker-Ramos: October 5 – 8