Tag: Itzhak Brook
By: Itzhak Brook, M.D. MSc., HNCA Board Member, HNCA Ambassador, Throat Cancer Survivor, and Laryngectomee I wanted to bring to your attention a very important issue regarding the proper intubation of laryngectomees. Laryngectomees are at an increased risk of receiving inappropriate care when they need CPR or general anesthesia. Our recently published study in Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery.
By: Itzhak Brook, M.D. MSc., HNCA Board Member, HNCA Ambassador, Throat Cancer Survivor and Laryngectomee The current COVID-19 outbreak is spurring depression, fear, anxiety, and stress on a societal level. On an individual level, it may exacerbate anxiety and psychosis-like symptoms as well as lead to non-specific mental issues (e.g., mood problems, sleep issues, phobia-like.
By: Itzhak Brook, M.D. MSc., HNCA Board Member, HNCA Ambassador, Throat Cancer Survivor and Laryngectomee Laryngectomees are more susceptible to respiratory infection because the air they inhale is not filtered by passing through the nose. Consequently, they are at increased risk of inhaling respiratory pathogens (viruses, bacteria, and fungi) directly into their lungs. Therefore, laryngectomees.
By: Itzhak Brook, MD, MSc Sometimes we take our own experience for granted and forget that things may not be the same in other parts of the world. I was honored to be able to visit China and get first-hand insight into the life of Chinese laryngectomees and head and neck cancer patients. On October.
- Imagine a Life Where You Can’t Eat or Drink
- COVID-19 is on Track to Increase Incidence of Head and Neck Cancer
- Parul Dua Makkar, DDS shares her brother’s story, a young dentist who passed away from oral cancer
- Scientific Peer Review of Congressionally Directed Medical Research Programs’ Peer-Reviewed Cancer Research Program for The Department of Defense
- More Stars Join Stand Up to Cancer Roadblock Fundraising Telecast and Streaming Event