11th Annual Smash Cancer Tennis Tournament
Novemer 6-8, 2020
Althea Gibson Tennis Center at Empie Park | 3405-A Park Avenue | Wilmington, NC
What We are Supporting
One of the main goals of Smash Cancer is to raise awareness for head and neck cancer. Hopefully, by achieving this goal we can increase early detection and treatment of this disease and improve the treatment outcomes for the patients and their families. During the tournament, physicians and clinical staff are available to perform free screenings for Oral Head and Neck Cancer and provide educational materials to the public.
This year will be our 11th annual tournament and each year we grow in participation and in screenings provided. Thanks to our sponsors and participants we were able to donate over $100,000 to the Head and Neck Cancer Alliance to date.
These funds go directly to helping head and neck cancer patients get to and from treatments. We are very proud to be able to support the Head and Neck Cancer Alliance’s Gas Card Program, which is able to help hundreds of people each year.
- HNCA Ambassador and Oral Cancer Survivor, Jacki Rogozinski, Shares Her Experience with Lymphedema
- HNCA Ambassador and 12-Year Cancer Survivor, Mike Metzler, is Fundraising for the HNCA Through His Book Royalties
- HNCA Ambassadors Participate in Congressionally Directed Medical Research Programs’ Peer Reviewed Cancer Research Program for the Department of Defense
- Emergency Respiratory Care and Resuscitation in Laryngectomees
- Ask the Expert with Dr. Angela Wicker-Ramos: October 5 – 8