Sending Thoughts and Prayers for #KellyTough
The Head and Neck Cancer Alliance is sending our thoughts and prayers to Jim Kelly and his family. We were deeply saddened to learn that Jim is facing a recurrence of oral cancer and will undergo further treatment.
The former Buffalo Bills QB and Hall of Famer Kelly, a strong advocate in the head and neck cancer community for the past decade, served as a spokesperson for the Head and Neck Cancer Alliance’s 2017 Oral, Head and Neck Cancer Awareness Week (OHANCAW), advocating for early detection through FREE screening/awareness events offered by our health system partners during OHANCAW®.
Over the past 2 years, we have had the pleasure of working with Jim as he offered strategies to help patients with their cancer journey. Jim served as the spokesperson for Your Cancer Game Plan, www.yourcancergameplancom, a program designed to educate and empower people living with cancer and their caregivers for managing emotional and physical challenges.
Jim and his family continually remind us that strength, determination and a positive attitude are also key components of battling and outlasting life’s challenges. #KellyTough
- Lisa Reed, Tonsil Cancer Survivor, Featured on HealthCentral
- HNCA CEO to Moderate Oncology Panel Discussion
- Lakers Podcast: Michael Cooper On The 17-18 Season, Battling Cancer, & A Secret Workout With Kobe Bryant
- Michael Cooper, NBA Champion and Tongue Cancer Survivor Urges Public to Attend Free Local Screenings During Oral, Head and Neck Cancer Awareness Week® (OHANCAW)
- HNCA Board Member, Dr. Terry Day, March 12th Radio Interview Available Online