Golden Milk Smoothie
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk, preferably vanilla (any unsweetened non-dairy milk may be used)
- 1 small banana, sliced and frozen
- 2 tbsp almond butter
- 1 tbsp pure maple syrup (or more to taste) (honey may be substituted)
- 1 1/2 tsp of golden milk spice mix (see recipe below)
- 5-6 ice cubes
- 1 scoop vanilla vegan protein powder, optional
Golden Milk Spice Mix
- 2 tbsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 ¼ tsp ground cinnamon (preferably Ceylon)
- ½ tsp finely ground black pepper (needed with turmeric)
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- For golden milk spice mix, mix together and store in glass jar.
- Add almond milk to blender flowed by additional ingredients. Blend until very smooth.
Recipe note from the recipe creator, Leigh Hammond:
“My sweet sister-in-law is a survivor of brain cancer which came about her at age 35. I know it is not technically in the head and neck cancer category but did still want to share because it is really a great recipe. She loves golden milk as she likes to included ginger and turmeric in her daily diet.
This is a delicious healthy easy to drink meal replacement or snack. It would be a great option after surgery or if just not feeling great. It is full of vitamins, minerals and protein and has no added refined sugars and is vegan. The addition of the golden milk spice mix is adding additional anti-inflammatory properties and as well as antioxidants. This is a great starting point if you are unsure of how to start incorporating more turmeric into your diet. It’s just good and kids will like it too!”
- More Stars Join Stand Up to Cancer Roadblock Fundraising Telecast and Streaming Event
- HNCA Supports Stand Up To Cancer As Seventh Biennial Roadblock Telecast Returns On August 21, 2021
- HPV-Attributed Head and Neck Cancer: A New Treatment on the Horizon
- Support Resources for Head and Neck Cancer Patients, Survivors and Caregivers
- The Story Behind the Smash Cancer Tennis Tournament: The Howard Family