Homemade Oat Milk
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 4 cups water
- 3 dates, pitted
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon agave
- pinch of salt
- pinch of cinnamon
- Preheat your oven to 350°.
- Using a kitchen blender, add the oats, water, dates, vanilla extract, agave, salt and cinnamon. Blend on high for 45 seconds until well blended, do not over blend.
- Strain the oat milk through a nut milk bag (I use Ellie’s Best) into a large mixing bowl, squeezing out as much milk as possible. Next, double strain through a fine mesh strainer.
- Transfer the oat milk to a sealable glass container for storage and refrigerate. Fresh oat milk well before serving. Do not heat fresh oat milk or it will thicken and become gelatinous in texture.
Recipe note from the recipe creator, Andrea Potischman:
“I am a former professional chef that believes food is a powerful thing, something we all need, it can also, at times, be very healing.
This is an easy, healthy, dairy-free, vegan-friendly milk alternative that is great for all diets but also easy on digestive systems that are recovering from cancer.”
- More Stars Join Stand Up to Cancer Roadblock Fundraising Telecast and Streaming Event
- HNCA Supports Stand Up To Cancer As Seventh Biennial Roadblock Telecast Returns On August 21, 2021
- HPV-Attributed Head and Neck Cancer: A New Treatment on the Horizon
- Support Resources for Head and Neck Cancer Patients, Survivors and Caregivers
- The Story Behind the Smash Cancer Tennis Tournament: The Howard Family