Warm & Wild Blueberry Latte
Serving size: 2
- 1-cup fresh-frozen wild blueberries
- 1 ½ tablespoon real maple syrup
- 1-cup water
- 2 chai flavored tea bags
- ½ cup milk (or almond milk)
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- Place blueberries and 1 tablespoon of maple syrup in blender.
- In small saucepan, bring water to a boil. Remove from heat.
- Add tea bags; let steep for 4 minutes. Meanwhile, heat milk with remaining ½ tablespoon of maple syrup and 1/8 teaspoon of cinnamon just to a simmer, stirring to combine.
- Add hot tea to blender with blueberries.
- Add ¼ cup of the hot milk mixture; blend well.
- Froth the remaining milk mixture with an immersion blender or tool specially designed for frothing milk.
- Divide the hot tea mixture among two mugs and top with frothy milk.
- Sprinkle with additional blueberries and cinnamon, if desired.
- Serve warm. Makes 2 servings.
Special note from recipe creator, Lisa Keys:
“My husband was given a 25% chance of surviving for 5 years at the time of his stage 4 laryngeal cancer diagnosis. Fast forward 22 years and he continues to thrive. I have to believe that good nutrition and a wife that loves to cook has had something to do with that. Filled with antioxidants my recipe is not only a superfood power house, but also visually beautiful. It’s good for both the body and soul.”
- More Stars Join Stand Up to Cancer Roadblock Fundraising Telecast and Streaming Event
- HNCA Supports Stand Up To Cancer As Seventh Biennial Roadblock Telecast Returns On August 21, 2021
- HPV-Attributed Head and Neck Cancer: A New Treatment on the Horizon
- Support Resources for Head and Neck Cancer Patients, Survivors and Caregivers
- The Story Behind the Smash Cancer Tennis Tournament: The Howard Family