Wild Mushroom Soup
Serving size: 4
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large carrot, diced
- 2 stalk celery, diced
- 1 lb button mushrooms or fresh wild mushrooms (e. g. oyster, portabella, cremini)
- 1 qt chicken stock
- 1/2 c heavy whipping cream
- Separate the stems from the caps of the mushrooms discard stems and dice the caps.
- Heat olive oil in non-stick pan. Sauté mushrooms, carrot and celery until tender.
- Place all ingredients in blender or food processor and blend until smooth, adding some stock to thin if necessary.
- Heat chicken stock in stock pot. Add mushroom mixture to the stock. Add heavy whipping cream. Bring soup to a boil and cook until heated through, stirring constantly
Excerpted from Healing & Easy Eats: Recipes for Head and Neck Cancer Patients and Survivors (Second Edition), the official cookbook of the Head and Neck Cancer Alliance. Copyright © 2018. Available online now!br>
- More Stars Join Stand Up to Cancer Roadblock Fundraising Telecast and Streaming Event
- HNCA Supports Stand Up To Cancer As Seventh Biennial Roadblock Telecast Returns On August 21, 2021
- HPV-Attributed Head and Neck Cancer: A New Treatment on the Horizon
- Support Resources for Head and Neck Cancer Patients, Survivors and Caregivers
- The Story Behind the Smash Cancer Tennis Tournament: The Howard Family