Ahu Sweet Coconut Soup
Serving size: 6
- 2 c fresh grated coconut
- 3 c sweet coconut juice
- ½ c white sugar
- ½ c tapioca starch mixed with water
- 1 sprig fresh cilantro
- In a non-stick stock pot combine sugar, water and coconut juice.
- Bring to a boil.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine coconut meat and tapioca starch, add some water and mix until it becomes a lumpy batter.
- Slowly add to boiling liquid and stir vigorously.
- Bring to a second boil and serve.
- It should be consistency of chowder.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro and serve hot or warm.
Tapioca is native to South and Central America, Africa, the West Indies and parts of India and Asia. Tapioca is an essentially flavorless starchy ingredient produced from treated and dried cassava (manioc) root and used in cooking. It is similar to sago and is commonly used to make a milky pudding similar to rice pudding. Purchased tapioca is comprised of many small white spheres each about 2 mm in diameter. These are not seeds, but rather reconstituted processed root. The processing concept is akin to the way that wheat is turned into pasta. Tapioca has been considered a healthy food because, as a starch, it is easy to digest.
Excerpted from Healing & Easy Eats: Recipes for Head and Neck Cancer Patients and Survivors (Second Edition), the official cookbook of the Head and Neck Cancer Alliance. Copyright © 2018. Available online now!br>
- More Stars Join Stand Up to Cancer Roadblock Fundraising Telecast and Streaming Event
- HNCA Supports Stand Up To Cancer As Seventh Biennial Roadblock Telecast Returns On August 21, 2021
- HPV-Attributed Head and Neck Cancer: A New Treatment on the Horizon
- Support Resources for Head and Neck Cancer Patients, Survivors and Caregivers
- The Story Behind the Smash Cancer Tennis Tournament: The Howard Family