- 1 lb ground beef
- 4 tbsp butter, divided
- 3/4 c chopped onion
- 3/4 c shredded carrots
- 3/4 c diced celery
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 4 c cubed, peeled potatoes
- 3 c chicken broth
- 1/4 c flour
- 16 oz Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 1 1/2 c milk
- Salt & pepper to taste
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, cook and crumble ground beef until no longer pink; drain and set aside.
- In same saucepan, melt 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat. Sauté onion, carrots, celery and basil until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Add potatoes, beef and broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, until potatoes are tender, 10-12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet, melt remaining butter. Add flour, cook and stir until bubbly, 3-5 minutes.
- Add to soup; bring to a boil. Cook and stir 2 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low. Stir in cheese, milk, salt and pepper. Cook until cheese melts.
Excerpted from Healing & Easy Eats: Recipes for Head and Neck Cancer Patients and Survivors (Second Edition), the official cookbook of the Head and Neck Cancer Alliance. Copyright © 2018. Available online now!br>
- Imagine a Life Where You Can’t Eat or Drink
- COVID-19 is on Track to Increase Incidence of Head and Neck Cancer
- Parul Dua Makkar, DDS shares her brother’s story, a young dentist who passed away from oral cancer
- Scientific Peer Review of Congressionally Directed Medical Research Programs’ Peer-Reviewed Cancer Research Program for The Department of Defense
- More Stars Join Stand Up to Cancer Roadblock Fundraising Telecast and Streaming Event