Chilled Vichyssoise / Cold Leek & Potato Soup
- 6 large potatoes peeled & sliced
- 2 large leeks, sliced into 1 inch of green part
- 2 qt chicken stock
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp white pepper
- 1/2 c heavy whipping cream
- 6 tsp freshly minced chives
- In a non-stick stock pot, simmer potatoes and leek in chicken stock until tender.
- Purée vegetables in a blender. Return purée to the stockpot and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir in white pepper and heavy whipping cream. Set aside to cool.
- Pour into a bowl cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Ladle the soup into 6 chilled bowls, garnish with 1 teaspoon of freshly minced chives.
Excerpted from Healing & Easy Eats: Recipes for Head and Neck Cancer Patients and Survivors (Second Edition), the official cookbook of the Head and Neck Cancer Alliance. Copyright © 2018. Available online now!
- More Stars Join Stand Up to Cancer Roadblock Fundraising Telecast and Streaming Event
- HNCA Supports Stand Up To Cancer As Seventh Biennial Roadblock Telecast Returns On August 21, 2021
- HPV-Attributed Head and Neck Cancer: A New Treatment on the Horizon
- Support Resources for Head and Neck Cancer Patients, Survivors and Caregivers
- The Story Behind the Smash Cancer Tennis Tournament: The Howard Family