Greek Lamb & Orzo
- 1 lb lamb leg or shoulder, finely diced
- 1 qt water
- 8 roma or plum tomatoes, diced
- 1 stalk celery, cut into large cubes
- 1 c uncooked orzo
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 oz plain yogurt (or sour cream)
- Cook lamb in a non-stick stockpot with 1 quart water over medium heat until no longer pink, stirring occasionally. Drain and reserve the stock.
- Cook down the lamb stock to the volume of one cup. Set aside.
- Place lamb meat back in the pot. Stir in tomatoes, celery, orzo, bay leaf and salt. Bring to the boil, reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring frequently, until tomato liquid is absorbed and orzo is tender.
- In a small pot, reheat lamb stock. Stir in plain yogurt (or sour cream). Simmer for two minutes.
- Serve lamb and orzo with a large dollop of lamb stock and yogurt mix.
Excerpted from Healing & Easy Eats: Recipes for Head and Neck Cancer Patients and Survivors (Second Edition), the official cookbook of the Head and Neck Cancer Alliance. Copyright © 2018. Available online now!
- More Stars Join Stand Up to Cancer Roadblock Fundraising Telecast and Streaming Event
- HNCA Supports Stand Up To Cancer As Seventh Biennial Roadblock Telecast Returns On August 21, 2021
- HPV-Attributed Head and Neck Cancer: A New Treatment on the Horizon
- Support Resources for Head and Neck Cancer Patients, Survivors and Caregivers
- The Story Behind the Smash Cancer Tennis Tournament: The Howard Family