Longan Fruit & Vanilla Ice Cream
Serving size: 6
- 1 (20 oz) can of longan in syrup
- 1 small container of vanilla ice cream
- In a small bowl or small footed dish place one large scoop of vanilla ice cream in the center.
- Lace the longan fruit around and on top of the ice cream.
A native of Asia, this edible fruit is often used in East Asian soups, snacks, desserts, and sweet-and-sour foods. They are round with a thin, brown-colored inedible shell. The flesh of the fruit, which surrounds a big, black seed, is translucent white, soft, and juicy.
Excerpted from Healing & Easy Eats: Recipes for Head and Neck Cancer Patients and Survivors (Second Edition), the official cookbook of the Head and Neck Cancer Alliance. Copyright © 2018. Available online now!
- Imagine a Life Where You Can’t Eat or Drink
- COVID-19 is on Track to Increase Incidence of Head and Neck Cancer
- Parul Dua Makkar, DDS shares her brother’s story, a young dentist who passed away from oral cancer
- Scientific Peer Review of Congressionally Directed Medical Research Programs’ Peer-Reviewed Cancer Research Program for The Department of Defense
- More Stars Join Stand Up to Cancer Roadblock Fundraising Telecast and Streaming Event