Savor Health’s Game Day Healthy Eats
Walnut-Crusted Spinach and Feta Pie
Yield: 6 serving
- 1 pound fresh or frozen spinach
- 6 large eggs
- ½ C. plain yogurt
- ½ C. pasteurized feta or goat cheese, crumbledk
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Place all the ingredients into a blender.
- Place the spinach in a large pot with ¼ C. of water. Cook over medium heat until wilted and most of the water is evaporated. Remove from the heat, let cool, and squeeze the remaining liquid from the leaves. Transfer to a food processor and chop into small pieces. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Add the eggs, yogurt, cheese, garlic, oregano, and cinnamon and stir to combine.
- In a small bowl, combine the panko (or bread crumbs) and chopped walnuts. Coat a 9-inch pie plate or baking dish with the olive oil. Press the walnut mixture into an even layer on the bottom of the pan.
- Pour the spinach mixture evenly over the walnut crust. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes.
Excerpted from The Meals to Heal Cookbook by Susan Bratton and Jessica Iannotta, MS, RD, CSO, CDN. Copyright © 2016. Available from Da Capo Lifelong Books an imprint of Perseus Books, LLC, a subsidiary of Hachette Book Group, Inc.
View Recipe Archives
- More Stars Join Stand Up to Cancer Roadblock Fundraising Telecast and Streaming Event
- HNCA Supports Stand Up To Cancer As Seventh Biennial Roadblock Telecast Returns On August 21, 2021
- HPV-Attributed Head and Neck Cancer: A New Treatment on the Horizon
- Support Resources for Head and Neck Cancer Patients, Survivors and Caregivers
- The Story Behind the Smash Cancer Tennis Tournament: The Howard Family