Savor Health’s Blueberry Green Nut Butter Smoothie
This is a great introduction to a green smoothie because the sweetness from the banana and dates and the creaminess from the peanut butter help mellow the flavor of the leafy greens. Green smoothies are especially good if you have a lack of appetite because they provide a lot of nutrition in just a few sips.
Time: 5 minutes
Yield: 1 serving
- 3/4 c frozen blueberries
- 1 c leafy greens, such as spinach or kale
- 1 tbsp peanut butter or any nut butter
- 3/4 c milk
- Place all the ingredients into a blender.
- Blend until smooth. Pour into a glass and enjoy!
Calories 413, Total Fat 11 g, Saturated Fat 3 g,
Cholesterol 9 mg, Sodium 203 mg, Carbohydrates 76 g, Dietary Fiber 11 g, Protein 13 g
Excerpted from The Meals to Heal Cookbook by Susan Bratton and Jessica Iannotta, MS, RD, CSO, CDN. Copyright © 2016. Available from Da Capo Lifelong Books an imprint of Perseus Books, LLC, a subsidiary of Hachette Book Group, Inc.
- Imagine a Life Where You Can’t Eat or Drink
- COVID-19 is on Track to Increase Incidence of Head and Neck Cancer
- Parul Dua Makkar, DDS shares her brother’s story, a young dentist who passed away from oral cancer
- Scientific Peer Review of Congressionally Directed Medical Research Programs’ Peer-Reviewed Cancer Research Program for The Department of Defense
- More Stars Join Stand Up to Cancer Roadblock Fundraising Telecast and Streaming Event