Savor Health’s Blueberry Green Nut Butter Smoothie
This is a great introduction to a green smoothie because the sweetness from the banana and dates and the creaminess from the peanut butter help mellow the flavor of the leafy greens. Green smoothies are especially good if you have a lack of appetite because they provide a lot of nutrition in just a few sips.
Time: 5 minutes
Yield: 1 serving
- 3/4 c frozen blueberries
- 1 c leafy greens, such as spinach or kale
- 1 tbsp peanut butter or any nut butter
- 3/4 c milk
- Place all the ingredients into a blender.
- Blend until smooth. Pour into a glass and enjoy!
Calories 413, Total Fat 11 g, Saturated Fat 3 g,
Cholesterol 9 mg, Sodium 203 mg, Carbohydrates 76 g, Dietary Fiber 11 g, Protein 13 g
Excerpted from The Meals to Heal Cookbook by Susan Bratton and Jessica Iannotta, MS, RD, CSO, CDN. Copyright © 2016. Available from Da Capo Lifelong Books an imprint of Perseus Books, LLC, a subsidiary of Hachette Book Group, Inc.
- More Stars Join Stand Up to Cancer Roadblock Fundraising Telecast and Streaming Event
- HNCA Supports Stand Up To Cancer As Seventh Biennial Roadblock Telecast Returns On August 21, 2021
- HPV-Attributed Head and Neck Cancer: A New Treatment on the Horizon
- Support Resources for Head and Neck Cancer Patients, Survivors and Caregivers
- The Story Behind the Smash Cancer Tennis Tournament: The Howard Family