HNCA Stands in Solidarity with the Asian American Community Against Racism
The Head & Neck Cancer Alliance grieves the recent deaths of the eight people killed in Atlanta. We join our colleagues across the nation to stand in solidarity against anti-Asian racism. While racism targeted against Asians and Asian Americans is not new to our country, the rising surge of violence and the recent hate crimes result are deeply concerning and something that we will actively raise our voices against. As advocates for head and neck cancer patients, we resolve to work against the pervasive racism that undergirds health disparities and that creates a climate of fear for people in their everyday lives.
For Anti-Asian violence resources, please visit: Anti-Asian Violence Resources (anti-asianviolenceresources.carrd.co).
To read the American Society Statement on Anti-Asian Racist Rhetoric, visit: Press Releases (cancer.org)
- More Stars Join Stand Up to Cancer Roadblock Fundraising Telecast and Streaming Event
- HNCA Supports Stand Up To Cancer As Seventh Biennial Roadblock Telecast Returns On August 21, 2021
- HPV-Attributed Head and Neck Cancer: A New Treatment on the Horizon
- Support Resources for Head and Neck Cancer Patients, Survivors and Caregivers
- The Story Behind the Smash Cancer Tennis Tournament: The Howard Family