- This event has passed.
Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital-Milton — Free Screening — Milton, MA
May 9 @ 2:00 pm - 4:00 pmFree
Did you know, if you smoke, use chewing tobacco, drink alcohol or have risk factors for oral HPV infection, you could be at risk for oral cancer?
Screenings are available by appointment only, so register today.
Date: Wednesday, May 9, 2018
Time: 2-4 p.m.
Place: Lintz Medical Office Building, Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital-Milton, 100 Highland Street, Suite 221, Milton, MA
What does the free screening include:
• A visual exam of the neck, mouth and throat
• A physical exam of the salivary glands, lymph nodes of the neck and the thyroid gland
This screening is not appropriate for individuals previously diagnosed or currently under treatment for head and neck cancer.
Risk factors for head and neck cancers include:
• Tobacco and marijuana smoking
• Chewing tobacco use
• Alcohol use
Signs and symptoms for head and neck cancers include:
• A mouth sore that does not heal or increases in size
• Lumps or patches inside the mouth
• Thickening of the cheek
• Persistent sore throat or difficulty swallowing
• Persistent pain in one ear
Please arrive no sooner than 15 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment to fill out registration documents and to sign a consent form.
Screening will be performed Ear, Nose and Throat Specialist Dr. Edward Reardon and Nurse Practitioner Kristen Holt.